Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Counterfeit Kit Reveal - Picnic Parade! - Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog!  Being a newbie blogger, this is my first ever blog hop, so I'm very excited to have some traffic at my little corner of the internet.  Be sure to leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by.  You should have arrived from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.   If not, be sure to check out the introduction here.  I am also super excited to be featured as the guest designer this month and found the inspiration digi kit, Summer Lovin' by ScrapOrchard to be right up my alley.  Lots of bright, vivid colors with crisp ginghams and bold, happy embellishments make the perfect combination to capture fun summer memories (or memories from any season, for that matter).  And while I am not a digi scrapper, this kit is a definite reminder that inspiration can be translated to any medium.

After studying this inspiration kit for a while...


I came up with my version of the August Counterfeit Kit:
 Picnic Parade!


Doesn't it just make you think of lazy summer days with hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, kids on the slip-and-slide, the guys throwing horseshoes and the party-crashing ants?  Come with me in the backyard and let's take a closer look at the spread...


I didn't have any exact matches of patterned paper from the inspiration kit, but found plenty of papers with the same feel.  The Echo Park sticker sheet provides lots of banners, pinwheels, clouds and birdies that are featured in the embellishment-rich inspiration kit.  And that classic gingham tablecloth pattern paper would be perfect in red, but CKC is all about making due with what you have, so blue gingham paper will have to do the job.  I can live with that.

Can I offer you a cold drink from the cooler? Let me just move that washi tape, gingham ribbon, baker's twine and strawberry stamp out of the way first.

Next we have three baskets of embellies to add to the tasty fun. Tickets, ribbons, paper straws, ric-rac, bottle caps, and flowers all make perfect "condiments" to the "meat" of this kit.
 

You'll want to be sure to check out all the other fabulous takes on this month's kit by following the list below. Next stop: Jemma's blog.   And after you're finished hopping, you had better get busy assembling your own kit before the ants carry all of your supplies away!

Guest Designer: Lynnette  http://sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com/  YOU ARE HERE!

Oh and by the way...
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PASS THE KETCHUP?!




22 comments:

  1. I love this! And you photographed it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **applause, applause**
    Oh my gosh this is perfection!
    Totally love your props & staging, but the real star is your spectacular counterfeit kit! Fave is the straws (too cute) & the sub of the strawberry stamp - I just want to dive in for a closer look! totally fabulous :~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are joining us this month. I love the way you showed off your kit. Fun~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only a super super kit but a wonderfully fun way of displaying it thank you so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay now...you win the award for the most interesting photography of your kit. Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynette, this is perfect and perfectly hilarious! So clever in your set up and presentation of the kit and what a lovely kit it is. All those lovely colours and scrummy embellies. Thrilled to have you playing alongside on this inside so to speak and cant wait to see what you create

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lynette! What an amazing blog-post. I love the way that you've styled it - and especially how you've worked your kit around the picnic theme. The ketchup and mustard colours are genius and the blue gingham is spot on.

    Thanks for so much inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went "picnicky," too! Your kit is lovely, and your tablescape is SO CUTE!!! Have a great month - can't wait to see what you do with all your fixin's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know which is cuter - your kit or the way you have it displayed! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup - the best staged Counterfeit Kit that I have EVER seen - you are a natural blogger!! It;s a fab kit too - you are going to find it easy to be creative with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Great kit. I am so glad this month that I can break away from the orange I have been putting into my last kits (not intentional but now I am sick of ORANGE!!!). Your kit rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too much!!!! Wowsers!!!! Hey can you scrap those ketchup and mustard containers? They are really cute! I love the vintage girl graphic on those!!! Maybe you can alter them? :) :) :) I want to come to a picnic party at YOUR house!!!! ;) Seriously, your choices are really cute, love the stickers and papers and all of it!!!! Love having you on board this month! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are this month's guest designer. Love your presentation of the kit. And the kit :) Looking forward to seeing some yummy layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is your kit? And the display is to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you were having fun, can't wait to see the pages you create! Oh yeah.... I'll have a hot dog with mustard & relish, hold the onions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I'm back! Guess what I found on Pinterest? I stumbled upon this cute picnic vignette from Hobby Lobby! http://pinterest.com/pin/251638697900019942/

    LOL!!! Thought you might like to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cute! Thanks for sharing. I re-pinned it on my scrapbooking board. You've got me thinking about using those vintage images on the ketchup and mustard bottles. I think I may have the perfect layout. Stay tuned...

      Delete
  17. You did a fantastic job displaying your kit - it tied in so wonderfully well with your kit name! What a pro blogger! I got so wrapped up in the display and verbage I hardly noticed the yummy kit! LOL! And it DOES look yummy! Great job! Glad to have you with as our Guest DT this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. again your staging of your kit is every bit as delightful as the kit itself. can't wait to have you play with us again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you're going to have a lot of fun this month! I've already made a start on my kit, and I've used some Echo Park as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your kit and your presentation =) I need to get mine togeether.

    Thanks for the inspirations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have whet my appetite! Top marks for presentation. Great kit too. Really like you combination of papers. Congratulations on being guest designer, this month. I am looking forward to more great posts from you.

    ReplyDelete