Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Heartfelt Tutorial and Layout

Hey there!  Ready to do a little forging?  I have a little something to show you.  Not anything earth shattering, but just a bit of inspiration to make one of the papers that was featured in this month's kit.

Let me pull up the photo...


See that watercolor heart paper under the doily?  You can make THAT!  So easy!



Just grab some plain cardstock and watercolors.  My scrapbestie, Leslie sent me some watercolor crayons, but I also used a good ol' Crayola paint box, too.  You can see I practiced a bit on some scrap cardstock.  I tried not to draw a heart with the brush and then fill in as that left a line around the outside (you can see that on the blue one below).  Instead, I tried to just swirl the brush around making the bumps of the heart and then extending down to the point.  I also kept my color pretty watery to get the same look as the inspiration.  

And here's my finished result. (Conversation Candy Hearts not included!)




While we are at it, I have a LOAD (Layout A Day) to complete for today, so let's make this easy by using my new kit and the paper I just made.


Hey!  There's the paper I made!


It's important to not be too critical of yourself when painting.  First of all, the original paper is pretty free form and second, if there's anything you feel is less than perfect, then just cut or hide that part!




And here's a close-up of how I trimmed it into a photo mat.

Hope this inspires you to get your watercolors out and make this paper or just play.  I have to admit...it's soooo relaxing!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow that's fantastic thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant page - and extra special because of that home-made paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so lovely! I am inspired to try my hand (but stars, of course :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, you have more patience than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so clever! I have to admit that I never think of actually making my own paper but you show how with a bit of thought and ingenuity, anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever, that works so well, really lovely page too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout, really liking the look of the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete