Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

A Simple Paper Forgery

By now you have seen the Studio Calico kit-to-copy this month, Pop Art.  It is a sparse kit with not many embellishments, but it did have a paper that called out to me as a candidate for forging.


I'm not sure if it is white or a very pale pink coupled with those gold dots, but I went with the very pale pink.

Next, I looked through my stash of vellum and found a gold piece.

A circle punch will work perfectly...1.5 inches works for me.



Then there's that pesky dilemma on how to adhere vellum.

I dug out my Xyron sticker maker and fed those circles through to create an even cover of adhesive.

I tried not to get too particular about placement.  I did follow what I'll call a random diagonal.

And here is my result...


Pleased as punch!

I always get such a kick out of creating something that's just like the original. 
 You should give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lynnette! I definitely like the pale pink over the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynnette, this is fantastic! It looks just like the original :) Your post also reminded me of some round gold decals I bought for my scrap room walls but never put up - I have hundreds!! I should totally use them to create a paper like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - pleased as "punch" ;~)
    I always forget about the Xyron with vellum - smack my forehead.
    Looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased as punch! Clever with those words as well as with those products, eh? Gorgeous counterfeiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice paper, love the pale pink paper with the gold dots.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. no wonder you are pleased as punch! A great idea. I love vellum and I love gold and I love pink so what's not to love here?!?!?! The Xyron is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete